Roland Space Echo RE501 part??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soundguruman View Post
    That's cause the answers were coming from f**king JAPAN!
    Roland customer service might be bad, but at least they don't randomly swear at you on a forum like some people!

I've happily owned quite a few Roland and Boss products. My award for worst build quality goes to my TR606, a "gift" from a friend with a PCB cracked in 5 places. (That was besides the cracks he had already found and fixed.) I was able to mend it with pieces of wire, but every time I press a button, I'm scared the PCB will crack some more.
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Maybe they don't like you.

I owned a large Roland warranty station for years and never had a problem with parts, unless for a unit far out of productionby 15 years or more. I am sure your rants are going to make them like you more. Of all the keyboards and MI gear, Roland had one of the industry's lowest failure rates within warranty period, so I figured they were doing something right.
      If you have problems with Roland, why take them in? It does not seem fair to the customer when other shops stock a lot of parts and do not have problems with repairs or parts from Roland.
      Overall, I don't see many companies making really shoddy gear, when price is factored in. The manufacturers and designers sure do a better job at their job than repair techs on average. When I hear of someone ranting about one company I imagine they have not seen a wide variety of products or even a high number of the problem cases they are railing against. The vast majority of units produced never see a repair shop and many that do, come out worse than before.

Comment

We have a saying: "just don't spit at the sky ... it will fall back on your own face"
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

A. I really want Roland to answer the phone without forcing me to listen to the recorded advertising. I want a live person to answer the phone. Perhaps they could learn something from Fender customer service.
          B. There seems to be parts in Japan, how come the parts are not stocked HERE? Doesn't Roland realize that their customers need better support?
          C. Long, long wait for parts shipments, long wait for questions to be answered. I think they could be more considerate, but they just don't get it.
          D. This company lacks the concept that customers call for help, and they need to be supported in a more timely matter.
          E. A lot of the plastic parts break frequently, especially on the keyboards, why can't they make the parts out of polycarbonate instead of cheap flimsy plastic? Oh I get it, they want the parts to break so we have buy more.
          F. I have been telling them this for years, and so have a lot of other people. Are they ever going to listen to the customers and respond by fixing the shortfalls?

I have been a Roland service center too. In fact, that relationship went back to more than 30 years ago, when I worked for Roland dealers.
          However, what I notice is due to very long parts order wait times, high shipping costs due to multiple shipments, failure to ship orders complete, the customers sometimes get pissed off and fed up.
          The policies of the Roland corporation reflect badly on me, and the dealer, and the customers blame me or the dealer for Roland's ultra-slow parts shipping policies.

Well the amps break a lot less than the keyboards do. The amps can last quite a long time, in fact. But the keyboards do have a habit of breaking, especially the cheap plastic push buttons.
          Really honestly, I think Yamaha has better keyboards and better customer support, and much better parts support, faster delivery, I mean a lot faster.

I could give a hang about Roland.
          But The customers here need to be supported! Not for the sake of Roland-- but just because the musicians need HELP and they need it NOW. Not three weeks from now.
          The closest service center is 150 miles away. Their backlog is SIX MONTHS. What are those musicians supposed to do? Buy a new keyboard every time a plastic switch breaks???

They want to sell products here----but they can't match the service of Peavey, Fender, and many other manufacturers. Why not?
          Last edited by soundguruman; 03-02-2012, 12:02 PM.

Comment

OK Fahey, what Roland parts have you ordered lately? Tell us about how fast Roland supports people in Argentina. I'm dying to hear how impressive the service is....
            lmfao

Comment

Try not to puke on your T Shirt.
              Acid stale drunk vomit smells real bad.
              Better bend forward and try to hit the center of the toilet hole.
              If the World moves too much, hold with all your strength to the toilet seat.
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

In other words, you are not buying Roland parts, or supporting Roland owners, and you just thought you would throw in some more of your acidic comments.
                I figured as much.

Comment

Working...
                X