EHX Little Big Muff isn't working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EHX Little Big Muff isn't working

I recently got an EHX Little Big Muff and it isn't working. The power LED won't come on, and I hear absolutely no sound or signal when I press the switch. When I press it again I can hear the dry guitar signal which is unaffected by the pedal.

Since even the LED won't come on, I doubt it has anything to do with the transistors, resistors, etc. Could it be that the AC jack itself is fried? I also think the input jack could be faulty.

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions!

Get thee to Geofex!

New Page 1

Read the guitar effects debug section...

The first thing to look at is, is it getting power? Could be as simple as broken connection...

Comment

Did you try to power it with a battery.
      The wall wart should be 9 Vdc, Vac will not work.
      Attached Files

Comment

The LED not coming on can be a sign that there is simply no power to the circuit, hence no sound. Are you powering it with a battery or external supply? If battery, do you know if both leads for the battery snap are connected? They tend to fracture easily. If powering it externally, do you know if the adaptor is the right type (as JPB suggested), and has the correct polarity orientation for the plug? Since the power is enabled by the input jack you plug into, do you know that it is functionig properly and not bent out of shape?

Comment

Working...
        X