Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed! Need to build a relay box....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed! Need to build a relay box....

Hi guys,

I know this kind of project would be VERY simple for most of you here (heck, it's so simple you wouldn't even call it a project) but here's the issue: I have a 2 amp set-up with pedals going to the front end of both amps as well as pedals going into each amp's effect loops, so disconnecting/reconnecting my pedalboard for transport has become a tedious task. What I would need is a few relay jacks (for lack of a better term) that I could use to permanently wire all my pedals together and have everything go to the relays so that I would just need to disconnect the cords between the relays and the amps when I ant to break down my rig. Makes sense? sound simple? I think so, but I've never wired jacks before or anything of the sort so I would really appreciate someone with expertise to review my plan and tell me if I'm on the ball or not.

I need 3 relays per amp (1 going to the input, one to the amp's effect loop send and another to the effect return) so 2 amps = 6 relays total, = 12 jacks

When building the relays, can I simply connect positives to positives, negatives to negatives and the grounds together? Is there anything particular about the fact that some jacks are going to the front end of the amp while others are for the effects loops(insert big words here like signal loading, buffering or any other technical term I don't understand)?

Thanks for any feedback and help you can provide!

Please keep in mind, the only electronic/soldering experience I have is wiring a pickup in my strat, once - and I was surprised it worked!

Thanks guys!

Marc
Working...
X