Boss RC20 no powering up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss RC20 no powering up

I have one of these here that the owner says the 'write' and 'exit' bottoms weren't working. Not too long ago I had replaced the switches on ones these and it was fine. So this time I went ahead and changed them out, but in doing so I couldn't help but notice that the batteries had leaked so I removed the old leaky batteries and cleaned up the corrosion in the area. (I'm kicking myself for not trying it out before installing the switches.)
    Now it's not turning on, the power light comes on but all other indicator lights are not.
    When using the batteries and not the AC adapter the LEDs come on momentarily when sliding the 1/4" plug into the 'output' jack, but they only flash.
    I have a jack here, however without the metal sleeve like the ones on the unit so I tried swapping it in and it still isn't working so I'm almost ruling out the jack.
    Could the leaky bad batteries damaged one of the components on the board(s) of the pedal ?

thanks

Reporting back on what i found. I put the momentary switches in wrong. The only ones I've been able to get are double pole switches(w/4 terminals and a ground lug, purchased at small bear). The 2 terminals used should read open before it is switched.
    Hope this helps if anyone needs to make this repair.

If anyone has the digikey or mouser part for this exact replacement part I would be interested in having it, because these boxes are popular and it is a fairly common problem.

Comment

Working...
    X