Simple(?) f/x loop pedal help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple(?) f/x loop pedal help

My desire is to build a passive 'f/x loop' pedal that has certain functions, but so far my attempts have not gave me the outcome I need.

At any point I want the volume pot to control the guitar signal's output to the out. But at any point I want the full guitar signal to be sent to the send. this is where the problem lies (I think)...

in other, and more numerous, words - I want my guitar signal to come in, and then be sent direct out to a send, but also go into a volume pot, and then a 'kill' switch, and then an out. The return will come in, go to a kill switch, and then go that same out. The 'kill' switches are easy to wire. The send's and returns are too, but the problem arises from the volume pot effecting the volume to the send. I don't know how to work around this... I have tried numerous different ways... and searched numerous websites. also the single out could be a problem..

I could place the send/return kill switch before the send too... but one side of the switch still leaves me with the same problem.

Thanks for your time, and look forward to any thoughts you all might have regarding this matter.

Of course the volume pot will affect the send. The kill switch is grounding the wiper of the control.
    If your "kill switch" grounds are disconnected, and just used as an "off-on" switch, it should work better.
    There is no reason to ground the wiper of the pot with a switch...
    and there is no reason to ground the return with a switch either.
    disconnect both grounds, to both switches.

leave the volume pot grounded, that accomplishes something.
    should work now...
    When the return is "on" the bypass switch (red) should be "off."
    When the bypass is "on" the return switch should be "off."
    Now use a DPDT footswitch to combine the two switches together, into one switch.
    Last edited by soundguruman; 06-10-2012, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X