EH Metal-Muff mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EH Metal-Muff mods?

hi I'm new now...just wondering if anyone has (the pedal ) modified, or thought of modifying this ? i have this pedal...I've replaced C31 and C32 with a .47 uf...anyhow...great to climb abroad...frank

Mod it to do what?

Comment

well ...I was hoping to get rid of that pesky "stuck-in-the-middle" wah wah sound first off...any other mod/schematic/layout diagram...suggestions would be appreciated...thanx for your response!...frank.

Comment

1) Schematics are generally made available when a product is one that the manufacturer does not intend to service themselves. That is why you won't see schems for "boutique" items that are factory originals. Schems for user or 3rd-party use become available when the product has been around long enough that they have become in need of repair and enough legitimate repair benches have requested them from the manufacturer that at least one has found its way into a scanner and the de facto public domain. My sense is that, while EHX probably intends for someone other than its own staff to repair the Metal Muff, the pedal simply does not have enough of a history at this point for an authorised schem to have found its way along the described route. Eventually it will, I suppose, but your request is a little premature. This ain't no Bit-torrent where TV shows pop up an hour after broadcast! be patient.

2) You aren't the first person to have noted a certain annoying shrillness in the Metal Muff. This would appear to be inherent in the design. My advice is to simply sell it and get a different pedal. Particularly since EHX is moving away from through-hole components (mod-able) and towards SMD (not so mod-able). Some pedals, yes, are very mod-able and can be transformed into just about anything you want. Some not so much. The MM appears to be one of the latter, at least for the time being.

Comment

yes indeed...in fact it was rather a pain in the arse...tacking those .47's to the little (reminded me of the old tyco-pro slot cars') contacts!

Comment

Working...
          X