Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damaged Whammy IV Project

Hi Guys,

I am a software engineer with some mild soldering skills and have decided to make a project out of fixing this broken Whammy my friend passed me.

I know that the custom chips in these effectively makes them bricks if they are fried - but i am hoping its the power section.

The pedal powers on and produces a Dry but no Wet Signal.

I have documented my findings so far on Flickr.

Damaged Digitech Whammy IV Circuit Board - a set on Flickr

I am not an experienced fault finder but i have some equipment and am willing to read up on what i need to do.

To start with - could someone take a look at the damaged underside of my board and maybe suggest if someone has already tried to fix it - or if the damage is heat damage?

I am trying to find a schematic so i can tell what exactly components U1, C4 and C57 actually are....

Thanks

Kwikk

Originally posted by kwikksilva View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am a software engineer with some mild soldering skills and have decided to make a project out of fixing this broken Whammy my friend passed me.

I know thaed - but i am hoping its the power section.

The pedal powers on and produces a Dry but no Wet Signal.

I have documented my findings so far on Flickr.

Damaged Digitech Whammy IV Circuit Board - a set on Flickr

I am not an experienced fault finder but i have some equipment and am willing to read up on what i need to do.

To start with - could someone take a look at the damaged underside of my board and maybe suggest if someone has already tried to fix it - or if the damage is heat damage?

I am trying to find a schematic so i can tell what exactly components U1, C4 and C57 actually are....

Thanks

Kwikk
    C4 and C57 are electrolytic capacitors 10uF_16V of different types.
    U1 is the LD1117V33 fixed regulator 3.3V.

Comment

Originally posted by doctor View Post
      C4 and C57 are electrolytic capacitors 10uF_16V of different types.
      U1 is the LD1117V33 fixed regulator 3.3V.
      Thanks Doctor! :-)

Comment

Hi,

I had the same problem except that when the whammy was not in the box it would work ok . I found that when the pcb was screwed in carefully and a spacer used it worked fine when put back together.

Comment

Working...
        X