Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric & Piezo splitter & A/B box in one- Possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric & Piezo splitter & A/B box in one- Possible?

Anyone able to tell me if this would work? I want to be able to plug both my guitars in and A/B between them. I want to always be able to tuner mute either guitar. The problem I am having is determining how to get the stereo input jack for a my dual voice (electric & Piezo) guitar to a 3pdt switch on the A/B function.

Anyone able to show me how to connect the parts?

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...1655/pedal.jpg

ABY may or may not sound OK into the same amp input, as piezo and wound pickups have different needs. But if you find either one works in the amp by itself, then an ABY should be no different.

By placing the tuner after the ABY switch, you should solve the problem of tuner muting either guitar. I assume you will not be tuning one while playing the other.

You sure you want a 3PDT switch? DT means two positions, you want three, if I read you right.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yeah, I would only play one guitar at a time.

The "B" input would split the mag side to the same electric amp as the "A" input. But the ring on the "B" input would go to either an acoustic amp or a PA system. But when using the "B" input I would like to be able to ABY the Tip (electric) and Ring (acoustic).

The biggest problem is I have NO idea how to wire the whole thing up. Would the "Ring" output need a ground lift, since it's going to a different amp/pa?

Comment

Check these out:
        Introducing our new family of MULTISELECTORS - New Products - Whirlwind
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Edit: I thought I had it worked out until I realised you wanted to split the outgoing signal to two amps too.
          "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Conner View Post
            Edit: I thought I had it worked out until I realised you wanted to split the outgoing signal to two amps too.
            Yeah, only the "b" input splits to two amps. Ring to one amp and tip to another amp. This allows the piezo to be processed differently (sound more acoustic).

Comment

Working...
            X