Hot Chilli Tube Co. Tubester - need wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Chilli Tube Co. Tubester - need wiring help

I have a Tubester in for repair and the customer replaced the DPDT stomp switch. In the process, he got the wiring of the switch wrong. I've looked at it and Hot Chilli Tube Co. did some weird things with the stomp switch...its not wired for true bypass. (At least I don't think its supposed to be wired for TB)

It functions but there are some minor problems that I'd like to verify the wiring before I dive into thinking something is wrong. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or if you own one, can you sketch the input jack, stomp switch, and output jack wiring?

Thanks,
    CJ

I am not familiar with the unit, but if the company is still around, have you tried contacting them?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hi Enzo...thanks for the reply.

Yes, the company has since gone under and they are nowhere to be found, at least not yet. I have searched the internet extensively and nothing has come up in regards to wiring or technical information. One thing I did see was an eBay auction for one of these and one of the pictures was an inside shot of the guts. This pedal had a 3PDT switch and the pedal I have has a DPDT switch so I pretty sure the stomp switch is wrong, BUT, (drum roll please) I couldn't see enough of the wiring to tell how it was connected. They use one of the poles for turning on LEDs, but thats about all I can see from the picture. Hopefully I can find someone who has one.

I am going to NAMM in Austin at the end of this month and hopefully I can find someone there who used to work for the company... The Hot Chili Tube company had an address in the Dallas area, even though the pedal is stamped with New Mexico.

Thanks again Enzo!!

Comment

Tubester Help

Hi- I am the original designer of the Tubester from NM. If you have questions or need wiring help, let me know. Unfortunately my friends, Don & Lola are no longer making Tubesters. The did a great job keeping up the great customer service and passion found in our pedals. In Don W's legacy, I'd like to help be a resource for all of you who supported him and his botique business. Evidently there are quite a few Tubesters still in "circulation." If I can be of help, please don't hesitate to email me. I'm not much of a regular here on the MEF- but will answer an email from time to time. Have fun and great tone to ya'all! -Don M.

Comment

Originally posted by TUBESTERMAN View Post
          Hi- I am the original designer of the Tubester from NM. If you have questions or need wiring help, let me know. Unfortunately my friends, Don & Lola are no longer making Tubesters. The did a great job keeping up the great customer service and passion found in our pedals. In Don W's legacy, I'd like to help be a resource for all of you who supported him and his botique business. Evidently there are quite a few Tubesters still in "circulation." If I can be of help, please don't hesitate to email me. I'm not much of a regular here on the MEF- but will answer an email from time to time. Have fun and great tone to ya'all! -Don M.
          any chance you can post a schematic of the pedal for future reference?
          HTH - Heavier Than Hell

Comment

Cool, thank you Don! I am always getting boutique pedals in for repair or modification and if another Tubester makes its way onto my bench I will definitley contact you.

What are you doing now?

CJ

Comment

Originally posted by TUBESTERMAN View Post
              hi Don,
              i'm the customer from this post, way back. i'd like to get in touch with you for some info about this pedal but i can't find your e-mail address anywhere. could you e-mail or PM me, or reply? i hope you see this... thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X