Tube Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube Driver

I have a Butler Tube Driver, it's the cheaper 3 pot model. The Drive pot needs to be replaced but I'm not sure if it's a linear or audio taper pot. The carbon track is breaking up, so it's difficult to measure the resistance at various rotational positions. Anybody know which type I should buy to replace this pot?

A second question concerns the mods to this pedal suggested in the schematics section of this website. It mentions to remove a zener diode, there is no mention to replace with a plain link, so should it be left open circuit?

Thanks for any help you can provide me.

Dave.

Hi, welcome.

Links? What schematic?

If you can get some resistance at halfway up, that should be enough to determine the taper close enough.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Sorry, I linked to this forum from Guitar Effects Pedals, Schematics, Stompboxes & Electronic Projects, I thought it was their forum. I'll try and attach the schematic. Ibelieve I've determined that the pot is an audio taper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tubedrvr.gif
Views:	2
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	833124

Comment

T don't know, it says right on the print 'delete the 3.2V zener diode as it's not needed'.

A jumper is out of the question.

Comment

That pot looks like a 500k Audio taper. The volume is 100k Audio and there is the tone pot 10k linear. The A stands for Audio, B stands for Linear.
          When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Working...
          X