running stereo effects in parallel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running stereo effects in parallel

Due mainly to the Zakk MXR chorus, which I love but it monofies all downstream (seems common with choruses), I'm about to wire my stereo DOD flanger, delay and reverb for non-series stereo. Thus simple split into the inputs and all summed through 6.8K resistors. This is then run to a stereo rig which has noise reduction, compression and Sonic Maximizer and the tube amps.

I was just wondering if there's something I'm overlooking. I may have to build a box for the output and it might add some clarity.
    thanks,
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guitarist; 01-26-2015, 07:40 PM.

Your description is a mite too brief for me to wrap my head around. You may be completely in the clear, but at the moment it's hard to tell.

Any chance of having a more detailed signal path laid out here?

Comment

This might make clearer gotta run and will check back, thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

Is that supposed to be 6 outputs from the chorus?

Comment

Yes three per side, I'll use smaller diameter shielded cables. There some strong, tube and Maxon buffered signal coming in.

Actually maybe I should just spit the prior mono out/send four ways which reqs. just as many cables then sum the eight stereo outs.
          Last edited by Guitarist; 01-27-2015, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Well ends up the "new" DOD stereo flanger isn't true stereo either it just an #$%*! extra output. So to way keep things easy I'll just run that and the chorus in mono. I did really like what happen with one side of the chorus (thru) running unaffected. It doppler-messed with your ears is a beautiful way.

EDIT: Finally moved the MXR chorus and analogue after the reverb's stereo outs, unconventional yes. They're mono pedals and it's nice having echo just on one side ala early VH and the Zakk chorus gets the other side doing what it does best. The upstream flanger gets its own side (echo ch) and finalizes the chorus in a friendly way with the other channel. Stereo delays are preserved too. May post pic...

thanks, Guitarist
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Guitarist; 01-27-2015, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Yep, a lot of things that have "stereo" in their name on the box are really nothing of the sort. I have a Washburn "Stereo Chorus" that simply a chorus output and another jack paralleled with the input jack. They call it another output, but there is nothing in between the tip connection of the one jack and the other besides wire. You could actually use either jack as an input or an output.

A great many stereo outputs are really sum and difference signals that cancel out when mixed to mono or in air. One of these days, digital modulation pedals will have a "Sync/stagger" control that will let you stagger the modulation on two outputs in either continuous degrees, or in designated steps (e.g., 45, 90, 135, or 180 degrees), so that you don't get overly strong, and distracting, lateralization effects that just go back and forth (hate the Ibanez Flying Pan for that).

Comment

Working...
              X