Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Echoplex ep-3 problem!

Hello,

I'm contacting because I just bought an EP-3, and when I plugged it I don't have any sound exept a big buzz. Like a ground loop sound, or something like that. 100% of noise and 0% of guitar sound.

It's a US version, I have plugged it into a 220v to 110v transformer.

I've opened the ep-3, I didn't see any wrong solder.

I'm not an electronic expert (I just do my guitar cables and i've made 2 or 3 fuzz...)

If you have any ideas you are welcome.

thanks in advance

Welcome to the place.

To start with, plug in the Echoplex and do not plug any audio cables into it. Turn it on. Does the red Recording light light up? Does the motor turn and the tape move?

If the tape moves and the red light is on, then plug a cable into the output jack and into your amplifier. Does the amp hum now? If it is humming, does turning the controls on the Echoplex change the sound of the hum?

If there is hum with no instrument plugged into the input jack, then the problem is with the Echoplex. If there is no hum then the problem may be in the cables or the instrument. If the problem is in the Echoplex, it may need new filter caps or it may be a broken ground connection somewhere.

Let us know what you find out.

Comment

Thanks got your reply.

So when I turn on the echoplex the tape turn And the red light is on.

When I plug a cable in the output to the input of my amp there is the hum.

When I put the echo level at the max it low down the hum's volume a little.

When i Touch the cable plugged into the output of the echoplex it make some noise ( And some time it really attenuated the hum, buy still No Guitar sound), I've opened it And check it, the contacts are good.

Any idea?

Thanks again for time!!!

Comment

I will post YouTube video tomorrow....

Comment

Start at power suply, like are DC voltages clean and free of ripple?
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Well i've tried the new poser transformer ( regulated etc...) the same noise persist...

I will open it And post pic maybe you will see something.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X