Univox tape cartridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there, saw your reply.

You can try to get a PlayTape cartridge (look on Google or Wikipedia for more details on PlayTape), on the moment this is the only replacement cartridge that is available, not the quality or the original Apollon HD-5000 or the later Dictaphone answering carts but useable. Visit my site www.tapeloops.nl or give me a call by mail tapeloops@live.nl to get more details how to get a PlayTape cart that can work in your Melos.

Comment

Raising a six year old thread from the dead here: I just joined this forum...I decided playing with tape echoes would be fun in my old age, and in recent weeks have purchased a few old units to tinker with, including an EC-100. Are there any new ideas on where to find replacement cartridges? Anybody around that does refurbs? I'm probably going to grab a couple PlayTapes on eBay unless someone has another idea.

Comment

Originally posted by downeaster57 View Post
        Raising a six year old thread from the dead here: I just joined this forum...I decided playing with tape echoes would be fun in my old age, and in recent weeks have purchased a few old units to tinker with, including an EC-100. Are there any new ideas on where to find replacement cartridges? Anybody around that does refurbs? I'm probably going to grab a couple PlayTapes on eBay unless someone has another idea.
        Welcome to the place. As I'm sure you have learned from the net, these tapes are nearly impossible to find.

I seem to recall that there is someone in Greece maybe? that is rebuilding tapes. I have an EC-80 with the original tape that I re-padded. I always thought that the PlayTape mod would be the best solution if an original tape couldn't be found. At least that would make the unit usable.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
        X