Fairchild or Vishay/Siliconix J201 fet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairchild or Vishay/Siliconix J201 fet

I'd read that some Siliconix J201's are much lower noise and better spec'd than the Fairchild part but it's tough to beat 250 transistors for $18 from Mouser! Does anyone out there have practical experience with both?

thanks!

jamie

Ive used the Fairchilds on several builds and have no complaints. I swear I got 250 j201s from Mouser about 3 months ago and only paid about 8 bucks. Double check the website for pricing though. Goodluck Danny

Comment

thanks for the advice. I'm not complaining about 250 for $20 bucks. Twenty bucks would only get me 9 NTE458's locally.

jamie

Comment

has anybody got a few J201s that they could spare? Mouser is out of them..

Comment

Don't they tell you in the data sheet? Signal from guitar is so large and the hum noise is so high relative to the device thermal or shot noise it seldom matter.

Comment

Well, if you like them, get them while you can. Fairchild is dropping production of thru-hole JFETs.

Comment

Especially hearing that they're no longer available I'd prefer not to sell any of mine.

Hopefully some Chinese company will cash in and make a similar part.

Of course there is nothing really wrong with surface mount parts if there is a similar one.

jamie

Comment

Last I checked you can still get the bent lead versions of these parts- get them while you can!

jamie

Comment

Working...
                X