Dynacord Echocord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynacord Echocord

Anybody here familiar with the Dynacord Echocord units?I am in the process of refurbishing one,I have the service manual and owners manual,but they are in German and pretty much useless,have not been able to find anything in English for this unit.I have done the routine filter cap changes,changed some leaky coupling caps,did the whole signal tracing.I was able to get a new pinch roller and the tape transport is now fine.The problem I have is with the output.I get a weak echo signal.I am able to trace a strong signal right up to the depth and sustain circuit,which is right before the output,which is pretty confusing,looking at the schematics,which also has all the notations in German.It appears that the output signal is fed back into the mic inputs.The inputs are not "grounded" as you would see in a typical multi input unit.Before I go any further,is there anyone that has any experience with these type echo units?

I have a Dynacord Echocord Super 75
    sorry I can't help you with a english manual..
    But i can translate some specific info you ask for

I'm getting mine restored at the moment, and need a pinchroller....but have a hard time finding one...where did you get yours ?

Comment

http://www.terrysrubberrollers.com/ I had to send him photos and measurements,but he was able to do a good job reproducing one for me.As for the translation,I was able to do it piece by piece from a site I found on the net,very tedious.I have mine working now,not perfect,but usable.Not familiar with the 75,mine is a S65.I had to change most of the coupling caps,and pots and the motor run cap.Mine has a switchable stereo output that I ended up rewiring to a simple mono out.Like I say,it is working and usable,but I still have some more work to get it working perfect.I cant use the fast mode with some settings,it goes into an out of control oscillation,but the slow speed is okay.I'll get back to it someday.Good luck with yours,these are some great sounding units,built like a tank,unfortunately mine was hacked up by someone before I got it.

Comment

Ok thanks for the link

yes the Dynacords echo machines are superb...(shhhh! don't tell or the prices will go up...)

You'll see lots of them here in Europe at ebay.de (german but most sellers do understand english) and most of them in very good condition....

The Super65 and super 75 are quite different: your is tube, the super 75 is solid state and has a slider for setting the delay-time of the echo (the slider moves the single playhead ...! funny but a very good construction )

heres the specs http://www.el-me-se.de/pdf_files/ECHOCORDSUPER75.pdf

Comment

And I don't know how we overlooked this back when, stokes. There are varioous places online that translate things. I use babelfish - works well enough for this.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

English and German are certainly on the list. It even handles Korean, but how would we know?
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Zero,didnt realize you were in Europe.When I was searching for info,I did come across a guy in Germany who had parts for the Dyna and Echollette,but unfortunately I didnt save the link.I am sure Terry will be able to help you.Enzo,that is the one of the sites I used.I found another service that was supposed to translate the entire document,after I sent them the whole manual,they never responded so I gave up and just used babel to translate enough key parts of the manual to get me through.Real nice echo,I like it better than the Echoplexes I have,even with its limited functions in its present condition,I will get back to it one day and get it 100%.

Comment

Stokes,

I do have one over here but I still didn't have time to "fool around" with it (way too busy with all modding & building).
              Over here in the Netherlands (next to Germany) some Dynacord parts are probably easier/cheaper to find than in the usa.

Most Dynacord amps I do get here in my shop suffer from leaky (coupling-)caps most of the time.

Feel free to contact/email me if needed.
              Love, peace & loudness,
              Chris
              http://www.CMWamps.com

Comment

Thanks,Chris.Its good to know.

Comment

Hey Stokes,

do you still have those manuals in german? I just bought a Echocord today and I'm from Switzerland, so I would be really glad to get those manuals in german…

thank you

regards // mstrfrk

Comment

Originally posted by mstrfrk View Post
                    Hey Stokes,

do you still have those manuals in german? I just bought a Echocord today and I'm from Switzerland, so I would be really glad to get those manuals in german…

thank you

regards // mstrfrk
                    I'll have to dig them out.Contact me at stokes1971@aol.com give me an address and I'll send it to you.

Comment

So,do you want it or not?

Comment

Working...
                      X