What size enclosure for Neovibe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size enclosure for Neovibe?

I'm finally getting around to finishing my RTSPCBGGG Neovibe (how's that for an acronym?).

What size enclosures are you guys using for the Neovibe? Considering the light shield and dual stacked pot in this thing, it's gotta be something fairly deep as well as wide just to get a lid on it. Any suggestions short of making a box from scratch? I've got a Hammond 1590C and even it's not big enough.

I'm building it to gig with so cigar boxes and things of that nature probably won't last very long. It's gotta be tough.

Cheers,
    - JJ
    Last edited by JJGross; 02-28-2008, 07:29 PM.
    My Momma always said, Stultus est sicut stultus facit

I haven't built one, but have you considered an electrical junction box? They're deep and kind of wide.

Shea

Comment

Originally posted by JJGross View Post
      I've got a Hammond 1590C and even it's not big enough.

I'm building it to gig with so cigar boxes and things of that nature probably won't last very long. It's gotta be tough.
      That's a good board - I like that one.

The Hammond 1590DD is plenty big, about 4.3 by 7.3 by 1.5 high.

Actually, the Neovibe can be put into the PCB space of a crybaby wah rocker if you dremel away the aluminum mounting bosses.

I have seen them put into 1590C's, under all the controls, next to the bottom plate.
      Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

(sorry this is a bit off-topic and vibe trivia-related, but) apparently those red/white rocker switches on the originals are still made by Miyama ("DS-015"). (Saw some at a store here.)

Comment

Originally posted by dai h. View Post
          (sorry this is a bit off-topic and vibe trivia-related, but) apparently those red/white rocker switches on the originals are still made by Miyama ("DS-015"). (Saw some at a store here.)
          I'm having zero-luck tracking down some of the Miyama DS-015 switches dai h suggests... anyone know where I can find them??

I contacted Federal Components, but they have stopped carrying them. All other attempts have not generated a return response.

Thanks!!

Comment

I have mine in a sloped front folded-aluminum cabinet from Hammond. You can see an assortment in the upper left-hand corner here: https://www.alliedelec.com/Catalog/pf.aspx?FN=701.pdf

Mine is the FE2 model, I think. Provides lots of room for two stompswitches with plenty of clearance for big feet. Depending on your orientation of the board, it can also accommodate an on-board mini-transformer or a 2nd effect. The slope is easy on your ankles too.

Comment

Working...
            X