Modding a Vox Cooltron Bulldog Distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modding a Vox Cooltron Bulldog Distortion

So I have one of these excellent tube distortion pedals. Killer tone. Only problem is they are way too bright and brittle unless you roll the treble control almost to zero. I'm assuming that this can be changed pretty easily. Anyone have experience with these or some general suggestions? I'm new to modding pedals.

Thanks,

Brian
    Fist Full of Oi!

Did you ever get anywhere with this. I just snagged the Brit Boost, and may just reuse the cool case if I can't get it sounding any better.
    Ω

Comment

heres the schematic for Bulldog, Big Ben, & British Boost
      I hope they help
      There are many places to change a capacitor to reduce treble.
      Attached Files

Comment

NICE! This is a rather weak pedal and bassy too. The tube, though making an apearance, is still in parallel with IC4a vs in series - which would be better tone-wise. It is also grounded cathode, with bias magic preceding. Vox really tried hard with this but it's not sounding like it could. Thus it's getting close to the door...

Also, how are they limiting the heaters form drawing their necessary current?
        Last edited by Guitarist; 02-16-2011, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Hi mozwell, I found here this thread to mod the vox bulldog. I also use it one and i would like to mod too. But i dont have a schematic. I cant open the pdf file in the thread
          "Modding a Vox Colltron Bulldog Distortion".
          Is it possible you send me a pdf to bassfex@gmx.de?
          many thanks
          and regards
          slowplay

Comment

Working...
          X