Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question for the king of side chains, How would I do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for the king of side chains, How would I do this?

Suppose I wanted to build this circuit http://sound.westhost.com/project28.htm I would like to add an side chain [effects loop if you will] to this circuit maybe more than one to interact with this circuit. Where would the patch in points be?

Not sure about what you want to achive with the loop...would you care to explain?
    This circuit is more apropiate for patching it into something else rather than patching something into it.

Comment

king of side chains

This is going into the second part of my red green project. The first part in this three stack table top project was the lxhmarsh. sym. It done. This second box is my tonal effector box. The marsh sym signal is going into this one with which I want to effect the tone with the afforementioned eq, and with side chains/ mix and or blend maybe with and a clean 12ax7 low power tube at the end. This part will be on an dpdt to be switched in or out. I am confortable with cd4053 cmoss to do most of the switching. I have a basic block diagram figured out and just wondering what to add to it. Before I commit myself to a build. I think all the circuits will operate on 9volt + - max charge pump. My end result will be a selectable either 1. marsh sym 2. eqed marsh sym signal with the option to add side chains or chain 3. Bypassed signal with just an amz mos boost in line. I am not ruling out ota either I have 13600 laying around and all my other chips and ready to build something. You know you may be right, this parametric eq may needed to be added to a circuit instead of the other way around. I may have to think outside the box.

Comment

I guess adding it to a circuit is not "outside" the box thinking because that's what it is for. What you were trying to do WAS outside thinking, only that it wouldn't give any reasonable results, AFAIK.
        Just one last suggestion. Place it before the sym so it works like the eq in an amp. Placing it after would be like using the eq of a mixer. On the other hand, that might be what you are after!
        Please let us know your final decision and results.

Comment

king of side chains

Put an effects loop in the marsh sym that would add one level of adjusting a few peaks and valleys and eliminate one level of complexity in the effector box. Thanks for your reply, I am getting close to a decision.

Comment

I guess you're thinking too much in terms of "loops".
            You don't need a loop in the sym to use the EQ, just add it in series before or after it. Your results will vary depending on the location of the EQ but it is still a simple serial connection, no need for loops so far.
            The precise control of the semi-parametric EQ in the circuit you propose allows you to shape the curve of the sym to resemble other kind of cabs, not just the marshall. But it requires a lot of testing and comparison. The important thing is getting what you want out of it!

Comment

Working...
            X