Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• choppy reverb signal

Hi there,

I have a Traynor TR-2, which is similar to a Fender Reverb unit but it uses transistors instead of tubes.

When I hit a chord and mute the strings to hear just the wet reverb sound, the signal is not constant, it is choppy, like a series of quick echos. The longer the reverb trail, the more echos.

The tank sounds fine as long as I am hearing the guitar signal but when a mute the strings I hear this choppy reverb signal.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks!
    DT

OK, how about I try it this way: If there is any chance a few people could conduct the following simple experiment and report their results, I'd deeply appreciate it.

For those with an amp or reverb unit that uses a tank. Can be SS or tube. Plug in and turn up the reverb drive reasonably high so you can hear all of the tail well. Mute the guitar strings with your left hand. Strum once, sharply, with your right. Do you hear a solid reverb sound, or is it choppy like a quick repeated echo of just the wet signal?

Thanks!
    dt

Comment

A reverb will ring out until it fades, no it does not pulse off and on.

I have no idea what might be happening here. Have you tried a different reverb pan?

How about a sound clip. How about a link to your model's schematic.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X