Oil can echo-reverb can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil can echo-reverb can

Looking to build a Fender Echo-reverb with the oil can.Anybody know if the can is available someplace?

Back a few years there was a website called oil can or something, lots of info. I would think you would have better luck buying one than trying to build one, or play the lotto. Did Morley make one too?

Comment

Originally posted by mozz View Post
      Back a few years there was a website called oil can or something, lots of info. I would think you would have better luck buying one than trying to build one, or play the lotto. Did Morley make one too?
      What, a single pedal that measures 18
      soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Comment

That You Tube video detailing this rather unique Echo/Reverb device is absolutely fascinating! Great find! I remember seeing some of the Fender units, as well as that Standel unit. I've never seen the insides of one, so that was a treat to watch and listen to the characteristics this produces.
          Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Oh my, I used to have a bunch of the little black rubbery contact pads in my Fender drawer.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I think I understand the principle and believe that this must be a very high impedance device. Would love to see the circuit.
              - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Here you go telray_electrostatic_delay_line_oilcan.pdf

Comment

Reading this thread *really* makes me want to get back into that old EDL project I bought 15+ years ago... lol
                  Start simple...then go deep!

"EL84's are the bitches of guitar amp design." Chuck H

"How could they know back in 1980-whatever that there'd come a time when it was easier to find the wreck of the Titanic than find another SAD1024?" -Mark Hammer

Comment

Like the man said, you are very unlikely to find a can assembly, look for a complete second hand one. If you do find a second hand one, beware of non-functioning ones. If the reverb disc is damaged it is pretty much impossible to replace. It consists of a thin aluminium disc with some kind of anodized insulating layer. With use, the rubber wipers wear through the layer. It's sometimes possible to cut or reposition the wipers away from the radial wear. If it has been left unused for a while the wipers may stick to the disk, so its a good idea to strip and clean the can before powering up. There are people on the Oil Can site who claim to be able to re-coat the disks.

Comment

This makes me want to build one. Very interesting video. That's a good find.
                      "I don't care about your guitar instructing, real music comes from the heart." -Dimebag

Comment

Working...
                      X