MOD Verb Deluxe Reverb kit mechanical switch click

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jalexquijano View Post

Now the resistor is soldered and the cap wrapped. No change whatsoever. Still mechanical noise when stepping on the switch.
    You still have the the wire shorting out the capacitor that I have already told you to remove,

Click image for larger version

Name:	sswitch wire.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	336.9 KB
ID:	910701
    Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Originally posted by nickb View Post

You still have the the wire shorting out the capacitor that I have already told you to remove,

Name:	sswitch wire.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	336.9 KB
ID:	910701
      Already removed the wire and soldered everything as you said. Still same mechanical noise when engaged and disabled. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200806_183942.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	2.58 MB
ID:	910779 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200806_183851.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	2.50 MB
ID:	910780

Comment

I wonder if the wire from the gate of Q2 to pin 3 of the switch is really necessary. There might be a small voltage on the gate that causes the click when switched directly to ground. Try disconnecting the wire at pin 3.
        The effect should be fully disabled by the pin 5-6 contacts.

Comment

Originally posted by dmeek View Post
          I wonder if the wire from the gate of Q2 to pin 3 of the switch is really necessary. There might be a small voltage on the gate that causes the click when switched directly to ground. Try disconnecting the wire at pin 3.
          The effect should be fully disabled by the pin 5-6 contacts.
          We already tested for this out way back no point in going over the same ground.

Comment

We already tested for this out way back no point in going over the same ground.
            So what do you think will be the solution to the click noise?

Comment

So what do you think will be the solution to the click noise?
              See post #31

Comment

See post #31
                Disconnect at pin 3???

Comment

See post #31
                  ??????

Comment

Mechanical noise?
                    You may have a microphonic tube.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                      Mechanical noise?
                      You may have a microphonic tube.
                      Its the click noise when stepping on the switch. My amp is a roland cube amp. No tube dude!

Comment

??????
                        In post #31 I told you to remove the wire that has been incorrectly left in place and is shorting out the capacitor. There is a image in there with an annotation pointing to the offending wire. I can't make it any plainer than that.

Comment

In post #31 I told you to remove the wire that has been incorrectly left in place and is shorting out the capacitor. There is a image in there with an annotation pointing to the offending wire. I can't make it any plainer than that.
                          I think in the later pics (post #32), it has been removed?
                          Originally posted by Enzo
                          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post

I think in the later pics (post #32), it has been removed?
                            That wire was removed and replaced by the 10uf 50v filter cap! What next? Same noise when you step on tthe switch. It amplifies the mechanical sound!

Comment

That wire was removed and replaced by the 10uf 50v filter cap! What next? Same noise when you step on tthe switch. It amplifies the mechanical sound!
                              Oh oh communication breakdown! My bad. I thought wire was still there. Well, we know from the earlier shorting of pins 5 & 6 test that you were getting a pop from those contacts and that will have been addressed with the cap and resistor. It sounds to me like you have a second issue in that there is some deficiency in the switch itself. As this point I would try a different switch.
                              Last edited by nickb; 08-09-2020, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Oh oh communication breakdown! My bad. I thought wire was still there. Well, we know from the earlier shorting of pins 5 & 6 test that you were getting a pop from those contacts and that will have been addressed with the cap and resistor. It sounds to me like you have a second issue in that there is some deficiency in the switch itself. As this point I would try a different switch.

Name:	20200809_200057.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	2.58 MB
ID:	911018 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200809_200047.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	911019

Same issue with your recommendations everything soldered. When stepping on the switch the mechanical click still amplifies. Which switch should i buy?

Comment

Working...
                                X