Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 POD 2 Repair

Hi All

Do we have any POD repair experience on this forum? My POD 2 (FBV) is flashing a particular sequence on start-up (POD -> 2.0 -> Tap Lights) and the voltage on the DC regulators is oscillating up and down. Interestingly, if I put into Test mode and run all the tests it has stable DC voltages and passes most of them bar the potentiometer range tests. Any help appreciated from anyone who has done low-level POD circuit troubleshooting.

Cheers

Have you tried a factory reset?
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Hi Mate

Yes I have- it briefly shows Sys Int (or similar) as it should, and then quickly goes back to the above sequence. It will not connect via MIDI/USB either, even with the recommended cable.

Comment

Can anybody help? Any Line 6 or ex-Line 6 Techs out there?
        TIA
        Last edited by daj12a; 09-23-2020, 06:55 PM.

Comment

As there is not a schematic readily available I would suggest that you contact Line 6.
          $90 /hour labor may make the repair unfeasible though.

Comment

Yes definitely not worth a Line 6 repair. I have a full schematic, I was hoping for any experience of common faults on this forum, or the possible diagnosis of areas to explore from the behaviour.

Comment

I've fixed these but was bad solder connections on the power jack, etc. Check electrolytics near the regulators.

Comment

"I have a full schematic"
                Uhmm.
                Can you please post it???

Comment

This is marked as POD/2..looks slightly different to mine which is a POD 2 FBV but may be close enough to help

Comment

Working...
                  X