The Pedal Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pedal Movie

Effects pedal fans, users, builders, hear ye hear ye. The Pedal Movie soon to be released in a theatre near you - probably your computer or smarty phone. Looks like it will be a winner, at least amongst us lot. Here's Frantone Fran presenting the trailer and some commentary:

This isn't the future I signed up for.

Can't wait for "The Pedal Movie: the placemat" to come out. I'll snag me a set!
    If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
    If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
    We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
    MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by eschertron View Post
      Can't wait for "The Pedal Movie: the placemat" to come out. I'll snag me a set!
      Funny thing, the schematic behind the pedals is obviously an amp, not a pedal. Unless it's a huge one. Would still make a great placemat, but I'd opt for a poster. Maybe a t-shirt.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Fran is certainly a treat.
        Straight shooter & no BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post

Funny thing, the schematic behind the pedals is obviously an amp, not a pedal. Unless it's a huge one. Would still make a great placemat, but I'd opt for a poster. Maybe a t-shirt.
          No preamp, no tone controls, no power amp, fed regulated +/-15V, lots of full wave precision rectifiers and patch panel type jacks.
          Looks much more like a guitar synthesizer to me.
          Which would indeed be as complex as may be in the analog pre microprocssor world.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I think an entirely unfair analogy would be a movie proclaiming how walking sticks have revolutionized human ambulatory movement. Literally they are both, primarily, crutches for lack of ability!
            Movie does look like a solid brick in the necessary Covid diversion wall though...

Comment

Working...
            X