weird power problem - Digitech GNX 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird power problem - Digitech GNX 4

If the unit has been off for a long period of time, it powers up fine. If less than 12 hours(I think, I haven't nailed it down) it gets no further than indicating the version. Normal startup displays GNX4, then Version 1.3, then it shows the patches and has started. I assume its something in the power supply section but have to clue as to what. The local repair shop got it from dead to this point but they could get no further with it. thx. I have the schematic.

I have the schematic.
    We don't, please share.

Hi and welcome

Is there a memory backup battery inside? And is it healthy?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hi Enzo, thanks for the welcome and the quick response. Turns out the PDF of the schematic is too big. I will look into cutting it down or upgrading my membership. I will also look into a backup battery. It will have to wait til tomorrow because of work. I'll repost tomorrow night. Thank you again.

Comment

Hi Enzo, there is no battery. I tried editing the pdf of the schematic but couldn't get it small enough. I seem to remember there was a site where one could get schematics and also upload them but I couldn't find it using search. Do you know of a site I could put the pdf for you to view?

Comment

Originally posted by randers1 View Post
          The local repair shop got it from dead to this point but they could get no further with it.
          Just to clarify , The GNX was working fine,then it quit, and then you had the local shop check it out, and it came back with this issue? Did they say what they did to it?

If you don't know where your going any road'll take you there : George Harrison

Comment

How big is the pdf (in MB) ?
            Could be that it is not too big but you just don't have sufficient privileges yet. If that is the case one of us may be able to post it for you. Or you could put it on google drive.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

It sounds to me like the start up boot is hanging.
              Good luck with that!

Comment

Well, how big is the file?
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

sorry guys, was away from my computer. The pdf is 2.7meg. I've been a lurker here for a long time, but this is the first time I posted so that is why my privileges are low. It would be great if someone could upload it for me. To give some more info, the device was working fine for years, then suddenly, it would startup once and if I had to restart for any reason within a few hours it would hang after displaying GNX 4 then the version. If I waited long enough on restart it would get past the version display and display patches meaning it had fully started. I took it to a local repair shop here in San Antonio and it first came back not working at all. I brought it back and they got it working as it was when I first dropped it off. I've since lost the charge sheet and I do not recall what they replaced or did.

Comment

edit: see post #14 for schematic
                    Last edited by g1; 11-16-2020, 04:27 PM.
                    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

sent the schematic to Joker, big thank you to him. As you can see by my posts I usually can't get on til late night. Thanks to all for your interest.

Comment

message for Jazz P Bass. HI Jazz, still learning my way around here, I did not see your offer til now, I now know notifications are visibla under my profile. Thanks for the offer, sorry I missed it.

Comment

Everyone click the like button for Randers1 and bump up his reputation. Probably only needs a couple more posts and will be able to post schematics on his own.
                          When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Schematic attached:
                            Attached Files

Comment

On page 1 is the power voltages.
                              You must verifiy that the +3, +5 & +12 Vdc supplies are good.
                              (noteably the +3Vdc)
                              This thing is a computer in a pedal box!

Comment

Working...
                              X