DOD FX60 Stereo Chorus - weak effect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOD FX60 Stereo Chorus - weak effect?

Hey folks, posted this at DIYSB but wasn’t able to figure it out, so trying my luck here!

I've got a DOD FX60 stereo chorus and the effect is just weak. With Depth less than the max setting, it just sounds so incredibly subtle, I can’t believe it’s how it’s meant to sound. It’s definitely weaker than a couple of other chorus pedals I’ve compared it too, but unfortunately I don’t have another FX60 to do a side by side.

Here’s where I’m at:

-I’ve replaced all electrolytic caps. No change.
    -I’ve confirmed that the bias trimmer does in fact adjust the bias voltage, and I’ve adjusted it with a scope for the least distortion coming out of the bbd. No audible difference at any setting.
    -The LFO responds to the speed knob as expected. One question I have is if it’s putting out the right amplitude signal to get the bbd to wobble enough - what’s the way to check? I’ve looked on a scope but not totally sure what it should look like.

Any other ideas??

Thanks!

Schematic diagram of DOD FX60 chorus guitar pedal

Make sure the Fet (JK3?) is doing it's job. When effect engaged, signal should be same level on both sides of it (drain & source).
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks for that. Just checked - signal is the same on either side of that FET when it’s on, killed downstream when it’s off.

Comment

Hello, is the problem solved? It's just that I recently bought the same chorus and faced the same problem

Comment

Working...
        X