EHX Frequency Analizer status LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EHX Frequency Analizer status LED

Hi, I got an old EHX Frequency Analyzer which I modded to true bypass. Adding a status LED creates loud popping when switching on the effect. It seems to be a problem of the supply voltage for the LED, no difference in + or - 15Volts supply rail. Pulldown- resistors did not help. So any ideas what to do? Thanks a lot for help
    Zouto
    http://experimentalistsanonymous.com...alyzer%201.gif

How about a drawing (even a crude sketch) of how you wired up the bypass & led switch?

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	EHXFrequencyanalyzer-Factory.gif Views:	0 Size:	47.2 KB ID:	925575

1)
      https://www.synthxl.com/electro-harmonix-frequency-analyzer-2/
      Last edited by vintagekiki; 03-02-2021, 08:23 PM. Reason: 1)
      It's All Over Now

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
        How about a drawing (even a crude sketch) of how you wired up the bypass & led switch?
        At the moment it is just wired for true bypass and pilot LED, I removed the 3PDT switch and status LED wiring due to popping noises when switching. Vintagekiki‘s schematic is right, thanks. The popping occurs when switching the LED to Voltage supply or to ground. The standard noiseless FX pedal wiring with status LED seems not to work poppless on this circuit....
        . Click image for larger version  Name:	8D897CD4-7FCB-466D-806D-AA1D3DA242A8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.63 MB ID:	925585 Click image for larger version  Name:	375A0019-1D21-4FF4-931B-07032A294A1F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.74 MB ID:	925586

Comment

But the VK schematic shows none of what you added.

With your new switch in place, just disconnect the LED, does it still pop? We are blaming the LED when the problem could just be the audio switching.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            But the VK schematic shows none of what you added.

With your new switch in place, just disconnect the LED, does it still pop? We are blaming the LED when the problem could just be the audio switching.
            At the moment just the audio switching is installed for true bypass without any popping and LED. Using a 3PDT switch for additional LED status wiring as in my regular analogue Fuzzboxes etc., the popping circus starts when switching.

Comment

I think the led switching may be putting a pulse onto the clean side of the regulator and being picked up by one of the ICs. Try powering the led upstream of the regulator and installing a suitable resistor - you'd need to check the unregulated voltage and work out the value.

Comment

Mick, thanks a lot, that might work, I‘ll power the LED directly from bridge rectifier‘s + pole before the regulator, checking the voltage and calculating the resistor.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Bailey View Post
                  I think the led switching may be putting a pulse onto the clean side of the regulator and being picked up by one of the ICs. Try powering the led upstream of the regulator and installing a suitable resistor - you'd need to check the unregulated voltage and work out the value.
                  This absolutely solved that old problem, it worked fine......nice pop-free status LED finally. THANKS MICK!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X