Big Muff Pi Green Russian Pedal Wiring Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Muff Pi Green Russian Pedal Wiring Questions

I have several questions. First, if I want to convert (eliminate) from 9v battery to 9v power receptacle, do I just simply clip the red and black leads to the battery and solder them to an appropriate 9v dc receptacle? Second, when I opened the case, I found 2 wires that were't connected. One has a loop that most likely connected to one of the removed case screws but I'm not sure. The other wire was near the dpdt so as tempted as I am to connect it to the only empty contact, I'm hoping someone here can tell me where it actually belongs. I can't find any images online that could help and none of the schematics I've seen show wiring to the dpdt.

Here’s a couple pics:

Comment

Yes, I've seen several of those sites but I can't specifically find the wiring diagram to the dpdt in my picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Perkinsman View Post
        Yes, I've seen several of those sites but I can't specifically find the wiring diagram to the dpdt in my picture.
        Tons of poorly drawn schematics all over the place.

This Premier Guitar one shows it clearly:

Click image for larger version

Name:	589c27a9-f613-4506-b017-3c31a6001d5a.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	428.4 KB
ID:	926885

The left one shows:
        Center lug goes to preamp input C15-R26-C1 node
        It alternatively switches EITHER to input Jack hot lug to get guitar sound OR to Ground to minimize noise.

The right one shows:
        Center lug goes to output jack hot lug
        It alternatively switches EITHER to Level pot wiper to get distorted sound OR input Jack hot lug through a piece of wire.

Classic True Bypass.

So with switches UP (as shown) the path is : Input Jack > switch > Distortion PCB > switch > output jack.

With switches DOWN: Input Jack > switch > wire > switch > output jack
        Attached Files
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

For some things you have to work a little try.
          Schematics you have, you have Big Muff Pi Green who has an incomplete wiring diagram the dpdt.
          Look where the schematic wires go to dpdt, the the rest will just be said.
          It's All Over Now

Comment

Working...
          X