Klemt NG51 light bulb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klemt NG51 light bulb question

Recently my Echolette Klemt NG51 did not want to turn on. No lights, no nothing. I opened it up to check whats wrong and out dropped a little light bulb. I took it a local repair shop and he said that the off switch was broken and he ended up hard wiring that switch to where now I have to turn on/off the unit by the power plug.

But what I am wondering is, is it because of the light bulb that fell out that I was not able to turn the unit on? Or is my off switch really broken. If so, how do I put the light bulb back in? I know there must be a place to put this light bulb in because right now, only the left side of the buttons light up.

Thanks!

The bulb was likely internal to the switch. Switch breaks, and you can no longer turn it off and on. If the bulb was not part of the switch then it is not likely involved with a dead unit.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      The bulb was likely internal to the switch. Switch breaks, and you can no longer turn it off and on. If the bulb was not part of the switch then it is not likely involved with a dead unit.
      Thanks for the reply. So what you mean is, even if I was able to put the bulb back in the switch, it will still remain broken?

Comment

Your tech told you the switch was broken. That he had to wire across it tells me simply replacing the bulb would not fix it.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Typically, there are two screw-in bulbs just behind the front panel, one on each side of the push switches. They will come loose from vibration and can fall out of their sockets. But usually before this happens, they stop lighting up when they start to come loose.

The ac switch is a separate micro switch that is activated by a lever that attaches to the push button assembly. It can be replaced, but it requires a lot of work and energy to get the assembly apart and you need to find a suitable replacement switch. I would guess that the tech took the most cost effective approach to make it work again.

If you need the bulb replaced and the want the old switch replaced, talk with your tech and see if he is interested in doing the work and what it will cost you to have it done.

Comment

The on-off switch is a common problem.
            Replace it with a toggle switch mounted on the rear panel.
            The bulbs usually just work loose becoming intermittent or completely dead. The bulbs have no effect on the performance of the unit.
            The NG51 's are a nightmare to work on but with a little patience you should be able to replace the bulb yourself.
            Good luck!

Comment

Woe! That's some deep spam!!! I know others can't read the post (though I can as a mod) but this guy really embraced the issue to link his crap!?! This is next level spam to be sure. I wonder if the money is THAT good for it?
              "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
              You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
              X