Boss RE20 space echo probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss RE20 space echo probs

Is anyone familiar with the boss space echo pedal. I have one that has burnt tracks around Q15; stamped as U27 on the chip. Would anyone know what this chip is? Its a five leg smd device located in the power supply.
    I'll try to take a picture, but its so wee and my camera is so duff i don't hold out much hope. Ta!

I do not have that specific schematic.
    But Boss seems to use a 5 legged Dc-Dc converter on a lot of there newer pedals for the 3.3Vdc supply.
    S-80130ANMC-JCP-T2
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks! I shall have a look into that part and keep searching for a diagram.

Comment

The part number of the Q15 is QS5U27 - MOSFET + schottky diode.
        Attached Files

Comment

The Doctor is in.
          Thank you.

Comment

Here is a snag from the ME 20 pedal.
            QS5U27 mosfet appears to be on the output side of a dc-dc regulator. (BD9851EFV)
            Attached Files

Comment

I now have three voltages coming from the mosfets in the power supply Q14- 1.2v; Q15- 6v and Q16- 21v. The voltage reg chip is a BD9730kv. Do these seem about right. Without a schematic this is proving very tricky. Thanks to the doctor for the new info.
              Last edited by Wakculloch; 07-16-2021, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Good afternoon, did you repair this pedal? I have one with no voltages on those 3 mosfets... I think the voltage reg chip is dead but it is obselete so I am thinking to buy mini buck/boost boards off ebay and jerry rig them in!

But I need to be certain of the voltages... did 1.2v, 6v, and 21v turn out to be correct?

Or anybody else know or have a pedal that they would be willing to test the voltages on...

I don't want to destroy any other parts on the board...

I couldn't find any schematics for this pedal..

Many thanks, Simon.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Wow, Many thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X