Tell me about your Strymons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about your Strymons

Are they worth the money. I have been thinking of buying a Timeline but the cost keeps setting me back

I haven't owned one, but have worked on plenty of pedal boards that had them installed. I like the sounds and also the ability to use MIDI. I set up one board with a switch system where the Timeline patches were controlled by the FX switcher and whilst complicated to set up works really well. I always recommend that digital pedals are best bought new and get a good warranty. Outside of mechanical parts such as encoders and switches, repairs could be tricky, especially on the proprietary side. No different in that regard to EH or Boss. Or buying a digital camera. I do lots of pedal board rebuilds and pedal swaps, but the Strymon stuff never gets swapped out. Mostly though the owners are pro or semi-pro so the cost is offset by tax relief and earnings, but none of the owners have ever said they wish they hadn't bought one so they must think they're worth the money - even over here in the UK where the price is even higher.

Comment

Working...
    X