Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Echo Issue: Bass/Treble/Reverb Controls

Hi guys,

Recently I bought a RE-201 and I knew I would face different challenges with it. I'm cleaning the bearings, changing tapes, making overall adjustments and so on. But there's a single fix that I couldn't figure out yet, my tone controls aren't working.

If I try to play with bass, treble and reverb volume knobs they don't do anything to the sound. I don't think it's a problem with pots, since the 3 knobs aren't working properly.

I opened the unit and checked the reverb tank and connections. It looks good.

Is there any hint on the issue?

Well, the reverb pan connections would not affect the tone controls. Without the schematic, my first suspect would be a missing ground connection to the tone stack.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

When you say not doing anything to the sound, you realise that the tone only affected the tone of the echo, not the original sound. See comments top right.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        Well, the reverb pan connections would not affect the tone controls. Without the schematic, my first suspect would be a missing ground connection to the tone stack.
        Originally posted by Steve Blackdog View Post
        When you say not doing anything to the sound, you realise that the tone only affected the tone of the echo, not the original sound. See comments top right.
        Cool, I'm going to check the circuit and how the bass and treble are affecting the echo and return here

Comment

Working...
        X