Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JamMan Looper Phrase Sampler (All Lights Stuck On) Maybe scrap!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamMan Looper Phrase Sampler (All Lights Stuck On) Maybe scrap!!

Hi All

Just joined the forum from UK to see if anyone has any new ideas that might bring my 15 year old JamMan Looper Phrase Sampler back to life.
    I am in UK and purchased this new many years back. Hardly used, sits in its box year on year till recently I found on power up all lights on and no control at all. See Pic
    The remote power supply is Harman original and 100%.
    Using some knowledge from this site and my dusty electronic skills I opened it up and can confirm the +5 -5 and 3.3 volts are perfect with no ripple (checked with meter and with my old scope).
    I asked Harman whether there was any reset facility in the logic or even a circuit diagram.
    Harman subsidiary UK said sorry "Legacy" to old no interest.
    Harman USA said similar and that it would be difficult to find a service route.

Therefore before it goes in the bin, I ask whether any member has any fresh ideas or even a circuit diagram as having all lights is a possible clue to its logic state.

Regards
    GHDirect Click image for larger version

Name:	JamMan 002.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	955384
    Attached Files

Only thing comes to mind is to search the internet for a User Guide for the model. It might have a reinitialization procedure.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Found this:
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info but the reset tip is for the wrong model.
        There is nothing in my User Manual for resetting this unit.
        I have searched the web for an updated manual without success.
        I have already tried holding the shift key down on power up but it doesn't respond and no change to the light problem.
        Guess it's "Bin time"

GHDirect

Comment

It is NOT the "Shift" button.... it is the "Store" button. Read those instructions again. They seem to apply to several JamMan models.
          It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

Thanks for this point. Your right and did a typo.

Comment

I fixed mine by replacing the large 1000uf /16v electrolytic early in in ps section. i think the silkscreen says c17?

Comment

Working...
              X