Lexicon lxp-1 signal overload light solid red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexicon lxp-1 signal overload light solid red

I recently received a broken lexicon lxp-1. Upon power on, regardless of what is plugged in or the settings, the red "signal overload" led is solid at all times. In most settings I get no output. If I crank the input, I get a heavily gated and distorted square wave like signal (pitched to the note I am playing). I tried all of the self diagnostic tests in the service manual and factory reset the settings without luck. Any ideas?

Like anything else. nothing works right unless it has good power, so assuming 15v rails or at least 12v rails, do you have both polarities at the ICs?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

^^^^^^^^ Yes, that. If you are missing a rail, op amp will likely have a DC content on its output that will keep the LED on.
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Basic DC supply voltages are listed on pg.13 of attached service manual pdf.
        Attached Files
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thank you to all! As you probably have gathered, my knowledge and skills are very basic. I'm also very slow, but I'll be back!

Comment

Working...
          X