2 circuits in one enclosure with master bypass switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 circuits in one enclosure with master bypass switch

I have a Belton brick reverb circuit and then a EHX LPB-1 boost it goes into.

I have two foot switches. A 3PDT and 4PDT switch. The 3PDT bypasses the reverb and the 4PDT the LPB-1

The LPB-1 is 4DPT switch because I'm using the last row of lugs on the switch to lift a resistor on the Reverb circuit to achieve a full wet signal. When this occurs the LPB-1 is brought into the signal path to boost the gain lost from the resistor lift.

All works but the issue is if I hit the 3PDT bypass switch it will take the Reverb out of the circuit but the boost will still be on - I'll have to hit the other footswitch.

What I really want is the 3PDT to be the master bypass switch and the 4PDT switch is used to switch between a 100% Wet (with boost) or not reverb signal.

Any recommendations on how to do this?

I realize what I have now is a wiring scheme like linked below that is meant to bring two separate circuits in and out of the signal path.
    Attached Files

I'm not clear what you mean with the 4PDT switch when you say "between 100% Wet (with boost) or not reverb signal". With the switch off, is it intended that there's no reverb (and no boost)? if so, why the master bypass? I'm trying to visualise how this would work - I like to set out a kind of logical truth table when putting together switching circuits, but I'm missing something. Would you list the options you need, irrespective of the switches?

Comment

I actually figured it out.

Basically the 4pdt acts like a channel switching or present for two different Reverb sounds from the Reverb circuit: 1 - normal reverb with adjustable mix level, 2 - 100% wet reverb and LPB-1 brought into signal path for gain loss recovery.

The 3pdt is the bypass switch for everything.

Comment

Working...
      X