Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

overvoltage protection for effect pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overvoltage protection for effect pedal?

I can't seem to find any tried-and-tested circuits for overvoltage protection on a guitar pedal?

I made a little design that uses a rail-to-rail opamp that is only rated for +15V and I know a lot of pedalboard power supplies have +18VDC outputs.

Any circuit recommendations for an overvoltage protection circuit?

WHAT op amp? And are we sure that 15v rating is not for each power supply? SO +15 and -15, for 30v ACROSS the chip.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      WHAT op amp? And are we sure that 15v rating is not for each power supply? SO +15 and -15, for 30v ACROSS the chip.
      +16V actually. TLV2372. I'm only using it because I require rail-to-rail input and output. Not even running audio through it, so it's not super important. Maybe its' easier to find a rail to rail opamp (that's actually in stock) that can take at least 18V and then not worry about overvoltage situations?

Comment

A Zener across the supply is easy - just like Boss pedals. They use 11v/1w. A series resistor would be a good idea.

Comment

Working...
        X