3PDT switch between 2 inputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3PDT switch between 2 inputs

I am re-building my own switcher/looper and want to modify it for 2 guitar inputs. I mainly use wireless system so one instrument is connected all the time, but I need to set up second input that can be selected via 3PDT switch. So switch between two inputs

switch ON (light on) - signal from input #1
    switch OFF (no light) - signal from input #2
    -> and then out to the rest of the looper

I havent found solution on the web... can you point me how to wire the switch for that kind of operation?

You only need a SPDT switch to switch inputs. The ground is common and there's no need to switch it. If you want indicator lights, use a DPDT switch and use the other half of the switch to switch power to different indicators. All that is if I understand your quest properly. If you already have a 3PDT switch, you don't need to use one of the segments.
    Last edited by The Dude; 08-22-2022, 11:23 PM.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

If you're trying to switch input A off at the same time you are turning input B on using only one switch, this wiring diagram should work:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	187
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	967428

The only difference would be the labels for "In" and "Out A/B" would be reversed.

Comment

Thanks so much - and sorry for my late reply! I did this by simpler method without diodes.
        All my switcher works great BUT i have "click" head on amp each time I stomp on any loop 3PDT switch. Do you know, by any chance, how to get rid of that? (capacitor?)

Comment

In my experience, that is just one of the problems encountered with 3PDT switches, especially cheap ones. The ones made by Gorva are pretty quiet. Not sure if a capacitor would work without affecting the signal in some way.

Comment

I bought most expensive I could (Gorva). The click is not the switch itself, I'm pretty sure it's grounding issue or something, but I checked twice everything and it seems well built

Comment

Working...
            X