Friedman OD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friedman OD

I have the BE-OD pedal which sounds excellent , but....it has a slight nasaly wha midrange hump. If i could tame that down a little the pedal would be perfect . i do have an Eq pedal i use with it, but it doesnt have the freq to cut. The "wonnk" is right around 630- 800Hz . Can anyone tell me what cap i can play with to cut that ??

Ill try to attach the scem Click image for larger version

Name:	be-od1.png
Views:	241
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	967462

You'd need a notch filter to cut only those frequencies. It can't be done with a simple cap change. Where do you run Treble, Presence, and Bass controls? It might help to look at it from a different perspective. In other words, instead of cutting mids, you boost bass and treble to achieve the same result. I might start with the existing bass and treble controls maxed out and then back them off to taste. You may be able to get what you want without modding.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Pres 9-10
      Treb 9-10
      Bass 6-8

I remember removing an electrolytic cap from a Bad Monkey and it def helped the mid hump

Ive got an eq pedal but my mid options are 500 then 1k .. i guess an option is a 31 band

Comment

You could try playing with the value of C13. The presence control seems like more of an upper mid control than a real presence control anyway, especially given that the treble control is after it in the circuit. You may be able to turn it into a more useable mid control that effects the lower mids instead of uppper. Then use the presence knob to cut low mids instead of boosting high mids. I can't say what value will work for you (if any). You'll just have to experiment.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
        X