An issue with a Digitech RP-1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An issue with a Digitech RP-1.

I have two RP-1 units, one is great , I've had since 1993 and full functional .
    The other RP-1 that I bought in 2013 started having noise issues, If I play three hours and use a flanger program, you could hear the flanger swoshing in the background even if the noise gate is activated.

One other thing that I have noticed, whe I opened up the unit to change the battery , is that the transformer is inside the unit and tends to over heat the RP-1.

I was thinking about adding heat resistant washers to keep it from over heating the RP-1 or taking it to a tech to remove the transformer from the chasis and have a couple of power cords with a transformer built in the cord to keep the unit running cool.

Maybe easier to retrofit a fan into it than to move the transformer out of it?
    I guess the transformer heat is a separate issue from the flanger noise, as your good unit probably runs the same temperature?
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
    X