Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding stereo inputs in older 1990's Digitech effects units .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding stereo inputs in older 1990's Digitech effects units .

Is it possible to add stereo inputs of such units as the Digitech RP-12 , RP-1 and Digitech 2112 effects units ?
    Starts
    02-28-2023
    Ends
    02-28-2023

Well I have been looking for the schematics for a while now so that would be cool if you had them.
    When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

If you are asking if they can be turned into stereo units, the answer is no. The stereo output is created in the digital domain, but it is working from a mono signal.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I'm looking for a repair tech for an RP1. Now when I plug it in all the lights light up, just lights. Read a forum a guy said to hold down the utility button then plug it in while still holding the utility button down press parameter up. It worked played fine. Went to use a few days later it did it again and the holding down buttons again isn't working. Anyone have this happen or know anything as to why? Maybe someone knows a repair guy. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Comment

Hi AJ,
          Do you ask in order to have the units process in stereo, or simply to accept two inputs for whatever they do?

Comment

I would start by checking and/or changing the battery. Also make sure it hasn't been leaking and corroded any traces.
            "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hammer View Post
              Hi AJ,
              Do you ask in order to have the units process in stereo, or simply to accept two inputs for whatever they do?
              My set up is as follows ; Decibel Eleven Loop Expander, Digitech RP-12, RP-1, two Seymour Duncan SFX-1 Pickup Boosters, then to my Racks , two VHT Valvulator 1's and finally to my two Power Blocks .

I want to add stereo inputs to my Digitech RP-12, RP-1 and to my 2112 SGS .

Comment

As near as I can tell, neither the RP-1, RP-12, or 2112 would accommodate stereo inputs. They may process the signal in a manner that provides a stereo output, but only as a result of processing a mono input and distributing two "versions" of the input signal to the output jack. True stereo processing would probably have required a more powerful DSP chip. One could certainly install a second input jack, but only to mix two different input signals down to a mono/composite signal for the unit to process, rather than independent signals that the unit would then treat independently.

Comment

Working...
                X