Boss GE-10 Troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss GE-10 Troubleshooting

Hi there, I have a GE-10 I was lent to diagnose and potentially repair. I've downloaded the service manual and am now in the process of troubleshooting.

The main problem is that while the device powers on, there's no signal flow from input to output. What would be the basic steps to check? I've started going through and checking every connection on the schematic starting with the input - is there anything else I should try?

One suspicious thing I noticed is that the faders always measure the same amount of resistance no matter what they're set to, and the master Level fader (all the way on the right seems to have infinite resistance). Could it be as simple as that?

Any help or insight would be appreciated, thank you!

About me: I'm essentially a novice with some experience with a multi-meter / soldering and a few successful repairs under my belt.

Please attach the service manual or provide a link to where you found it.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Sure: https://www.synthxl.com/wp-content/u...ice-Manual.pdf

Comment

Is there signal through the unit when the EQ is not engaged? At any rate, I'd start by checking the + &- 13V supplies.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

DIY signal tracer.

Comment

Hey folks, didn't want to leave this hanging forever but I decided to throw in the towel here, the inside was very corroded and I couldn't make too much sense of it. Nor do I have any time to make a DIY signal tracer. Sorry

Comment

Working...
            X