Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Effects' power supply resistor burned... need help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effects' power supply resistor burned... need help...

My bandmate "fried" his Ibanez WH10-V3 wah wah pedal by connecting wrong power supply... Smoke came from the wah an when we opened it, a small resistor was found burned. Now, since I haven't found any schematics on the web, can you goess from the picture what's the puropose of R24, the urned one? Is it just a protection resistor that can be replaced by a wire (just to check if unit works) or is it a voltage drop resistor or something like that? I want to repair it, but now I'm just guessing

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2159.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	920.0 KB
ID:	990420

may be
    Attached Files

Comment

That V2 schem shows R24 going to the 'dry out' jack. Picture of the trace side of that area would help.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
        That V2 schem shows R24 going to the 'dry out' jack. Picture of the trace side of that area would help.
        the schem doesn't seem to match the picture. While on the schem the output jack is labeled JK3, in the pic JK3 is clearly the DC input jack.
        If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
        If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
        We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
        MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by eschertron View Post

the schem doesn't seem to match the picture.
          Right. The unit is a V3 but schem is V2.

Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
            Right. The unit is a V3 but schem is V2.
            Ah! I didn't catch
            Originally posted by boroman View Post
            My bandmate "fried" his Ibanez WH10-V3
            If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
            If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
            We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
            MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Working...
            X