Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with A/DA Flanger 1970s Power source - (no built in power)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with A/DA Flanger 1970s Power source - (no built in power)

Hi!

I really need help with this. The power source was left at a venue and stolen. From my research it seems to require 18vDC, but after hours I'm still unsure if it requires positive or negative polarity going into it, or the barrel tip size needed from the power source (seems to be need more than 2.1mm). Please advise, I really appreciate it and don't want to damage a $500 50 year old pedal.

The older pedals were 12v 200ma with tip positive. Apparently there is a 15v regulator version too.

This is from Analogman website:

“A/DA power adaptor The early A/DA pedals used a 12V DC power transformer, positive tip, about 200mA should be more than enough. Some mid year versions need more than 12V or they will hum, as they use a 15V regulator. Those will work with the EH 18V DC adaptor sold for the EH Holier Grail or POG.@
    When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

I just found this on the ADA archived site!
      The Original A/DA Flanger and Final Phase of 1978 through 1979 used an AC adapter. The rating was 18 to 20VDC at a minimum of 50ma. The connector is a 2.5mm x 5.5mm barrel or coax power plug. The polarity of the center pin is positive (+) and the sleeve of the plug is minus (-). The original A/DA part number is 240005. [Please note that the standard for AC adapters has been negative center pin and positive sleeve for the last 25 years. These will not work on the early A/DA stomp boxes.]
      Do I need 20vDC??

Last edited by Heading; 12-22-2023, 04:39 PM.

Comment

I would probably get this one. Save buying used option for $11.99.
        When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
          I would probably get this one. Save buying used option for $11.99.
          I just ordered this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Does anyone know why ADA says 18 to 20vDC ?

Comment

Originally posted by Heading View Post
              Does anyone know why ADA says 18 to 20vDC ?
              If the unit has a built-in 15V regulator, (unregulated) DC supply voltage needs to be a few volts higher than 15V.
              - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

I'll add. If you are unsure of polarity, use your meter and check continuity from DC jack pins to ground. Most commonly one of them is ground. It saves guessing.
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
                X