Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vermona Lancet pedal reverb issue

Hello all
    I have this pedal with a spring reverb, One of the coils is open, The No is NBS3AB3E. I have connected vermona , but no reply , I have also contact Belton as of present no reply
    So if i remove the guts from a short reverb tank it will fit, But i really don't know what tank to purchase

anyone have any ideas
    Many thanks
    MR A

What is the length of the Vermona pan?
    Which coil works and what is its resistance?
    Is the reverb circuit solid state or tube?
    I have no idea what NBS3 indicates.
    But if "AB3E" are standard numbers then:
    A= Input Impedance: 8 ohms
    B= Output Impedance: 2250 ohms
    3= Decay Time: Long (2.75 to 4.0 s)
    E= Connectors: No Outer Channel (not sure what this means)

Comment

I think "No Outer Channel" means there's no outer tank or "housing" like the ones built into some amps where the reverb is not external. They usually just have wires or a molex type plug and don't use RCA connectors. It would make sense in a pedal.
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Thanks for the reply
        the length of the tank is
        22cm . The only coil that is ok is at about 4. 7 ohms
        I'LL have a look at the smaller tanks and see if i can find one that matches AB3
        THANKS Mr A
        ​​​​​​

Comment

I've not seen a Vermona unit, but they seem to have some very high end stuff.

Besides the physical size and mounting questions, the really important factors are input impedance and coil isolation.

What kind of circuit drives the input of the tank? The two most popular drive methods are low impedance from essentially a small power amplifier and high impedance from the output of an opamp. The opamp driver could be a current driver where the input coil is in the feedback loop of the opamp, so the coil would need to be isolated from circuit grounds.

Which coil of the existing tank is good and which one is open?

Comment

Working...
          X