No announcement yet.

WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, all but the animated ones. Not bitchin', just pointing it out. I'm sure you've got better things to do than mess with little smiley faces.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
      Yep, all but the animated ones. Not bitchin', just pointing it out. I'm sure you've got better things to do than mess with little smiley faces.

They were a bit slow coming on-line, but seem to be all there now?
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

They showed up right after I posted that. The only one I don't see says "Jason2 ". Not sure what that is.

Edit: Thats' wierd. I typed out what it says, and it displayed the image in my post. I can't see it in the selection window, though.

Edit again: Now it's there after I refreshed the page. Good work tboy! Thanks for all you do!

Comment

Can anyone explain how to multiquote in this new forum version? I see it can be done, but not sure how.

Comment

Can anyone explain how to multiquote in this new forum version? I see it can be done, but not sure how.
            see post #71
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
              see post #71
              I did a bit more searching and found this in the vB5 support forum at vbulletin.com:

You have to hit "Quote" on every post you want to quote and then "Post Reply" at the very top. Then your multiple quotes get inserted in your reply.
              As can be seen from the successful multi-quotes in this post, it does work, but in a kind of clunky and unintuitive way.
              -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

see post #71
                I can't see post # now - I'm sure I could previously

I'm sure we'll get this new environment licked into shape soon, at least I've got the 'last post at the top' setting done now

EDIT - post # visibility seems to be dependent on selecting 'post' for the display made, rather than 'latest activity'

Poor tboy, this update has been a vital but so far rather thankless task for him. I'm sure that we're all very grateful that he's put himself through this hassle and pain in order to keep this place ticking over. Here's a big for him!
                Last edited by pdf64; 06-12-2020, 12:30 PM.
                My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Previously, associated with our Avatar, it showed when we joined MEF, our locaton and the number of posts made over the years. I now see what's called subscriptions and subscribers. No idea what that is. There was also a ranking that I think was related to how many posts made, which I only see on some of our members' avatar when you select their user name.
                  Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

The amber bars things seems way off. I rate nevetslab way higher than two bars for example.

I don't rate at all. I really thought I had made more of a contribution than that over the years. I know my counts got reset to zero on the last major update (which was pretty discouraging) but now I'm persona non grata.
                    Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Wow. I suddenly went from zero to two bars. Thx HH!
                      Last edited by nickb; 06-12-2020, 05:48 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by nickb View Post
                        The amber bars things seems way off. I rate nevetslab way higher than two bars for example.

I don't rate at all. I really thought I had made more of a contribution than that over the years. I know my counts got reset to zero on the last major update (which was pretty discouraging) but now I'm persona non grata.
                        The rating system has got really messed up. Some are higher and some lower than before. And it is giving increases at fast levels. For example, longtime member with many posts Chuck H , no bars. I highly value Helmholtz 's posts, but he is quite new with lower number of posts, yet has risen to one less than Enzo in rep level. (edit: not picking on Helmholtz, I see The Dude is now at the higher end of rep level also.
                        They are definitely not on par with where they were before the change.
                        Last edited by g1; 06-12-2020, 06:14 PM.

Comment

g, In your case it's clearly an arithmetic overflow. You went over the top several times and we just see the remainder.

Comment

The rating system has got really messed up. Some are higher and some lower than before. And it is giving increases at fast levels. For example, longtime member with many posts Chuck H , no bars. I highly value Helmholtz 's posts, but he is quite new with lower number of posts, yet has risen to one less than Enzo in rep level.
                            They are definitely not on par with where they were before the change.
                            Not that it really matters to me but... I don't see a rating system. Also I don't see post #'s either. Strange.
                            When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post

Not that it really matters to me but... I don't see a rating system. Also I don't see post #'s either. Strange.
                              There is a place to turn off the rep levels in settings I think? What do you see listed under people's avatars?
                              With the post # thing, are you set for viewing threads in chronological order, or reverse order?

Comment

There is a place to turn off the rep levels in settings I think? What do you see listed under people's avatars?
                                With the post # thing, are you set for viewing threads in chronological order, or reverse order?
                                I don't see anything that turns on/off rep levels. I like to view a continuing thread in "Latest Activity" so I don't have to work as hard to find the last page posts. I did discover that when you are in "Latest Activity" mode it does not show the Reputation info or the posts #. The Latest Activity setting truncates user profiles thus changing the look of the posts even.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_50774.png
Views:	408
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	907279
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	image_50773.png
Views:	410
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	907278
                                Attached Files
                                When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Working...
                                X