Profile Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile Problems

I cannot put my avatar or retrieve my stripes. Does it only happen to me?

AND I can't input avatar either. Geez.

Comment

I've tried to upload an avatar picture several times. One time I got an error message but other times it looks like it worked, when the default avatar pic got smaller, but the next time I look it's back to the default.

Edit: I tried it again, here is the error message:
      Image resize failed due to your image library not having support for this image type.

I tried .bmp and .jpg

Edit.2: Gif didn't work.
      Last edited by loudthud; 06-10-2020, 11:54 AM.
      WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
      REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Originally posted by loudthud View Post
        I've tried to upload an avatar picture several times. One time I got an error message but other times it looks like it worked, when the default avatar pic got smaller, but the next time I look it's back to the default.

Edit: I tried it again, here is the error message:
        Image resize failed due to your image library not having support for this image type.

I tried .bmp and .jpg

Edit.2: Gif didn't work.
        I must have lucked out with the with my avatar remaining intact, instead of what so many of our members are experiencing. Nothing worse than 'maybe logic' in the system. I've had a battle with that in editing a recent post, where I placed a Word Doc as an attachment, which couldn't be read. I converted that successfully into a pdf, but getting the replacement into place, after deleting the unreadable Word Doc kept failing. Seems like the third or forth attempt finally succeeded. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't.

I DO like finding Edit on posted emails appear to NOT be controlled by the 24 hour limitation as it had been in the previous software. Not sure if there's a time limit on this new system, but nice to be able to correct things.
        Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

I'm looking into the avatar problem. I tried uploading an avatar for my admin account both from a local file and from an outside URL but I don't see the avatar show up on the profile page. However, I do see the avatar for that account and those of everyone else in this thread when I look in the admin control panel. So the images are being uploaded and stored, but they're just not showing up where they should for some as yet unknown reason.

Comment

OK, I'm pretty sure the avatar problem is fixed now. If anyone is still having difficulties posting and/or viewing an avatar, please post in this thread or send me a PM.
            -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

I posted a reply to this thread, pressed 'Post Reply' and when I came back it wasn't here. Where did it go ? Another issue, I tried to edit my avatar and nothing happens when I press the 'Edit Avatar' button.
              WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.

Comment

OK, I was finally able to change my profile picture. This is a pic I shot of Air Force One on one of it's trips to Dallas. When AF1 flies, all other planes are grounded so if you can find out when the pres leaves, it's the only thing in the air. Sorry, no higher res.

Comment

Not an urgent item, can be put off to when tboy has time to look at it?
                  In my Message center SENT ITEMS, I have old messages that can't be deleted.
                  There shows to be 13 pages of sent items, most are blank.
                  There are only 2 items on page one, and I can't delete them.
                  I would like to have all items, and all pages deleted.
                  Thanks,
                  Terry
                  "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                  Terry

Comment

Is anyone else besides me using 'Pale Moon' browser? If I view the forum on PM I don't see many of the features, but on MS Edge everything is there, and it all works. The avatar problem that some are having might be due to uploading an image that is too large. Many times avatar images are limited to 100 x 100 pixels or less.

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                      Not an urgent item, can be put off to when tboy has time to look at it?
                      In my Message center SENT ITEMS, I have old messages that can't be deleted.
                      There shows to be 13 pages of sent items, most are blank.
                      There are only 2 items on page one, and I can't delete them.
                      I would like to have all items, and all pages deleted.
                      Thanks,
                      Terry
                      T,

I noticed that, too. I saw seemingly every messeage I sent since joining even though I had previously deleted them. I was able to delete them by emptying the trash after deleting them from the sent folder. It seems they still show up until you empty the trash. After you empty the trash, they are gone. At least, that worked for me.
                      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by John_H View Post
                        The avatar problem that some are having might be due to uploading an image that is too large. Many times avatar images are limited to 100 x 100 pixels or less
                        The forum software is supposed to resize the avatar images if they are too large. I'm not sure if there's an upper limit on what can be resized, but I would guess there is.
                        -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Is anyone else besides me using 'Pale Moon' browser? If I view the forum on PM I don't see many of the features, but on MS Edge everything is there, and it all works.
                          I'm using Pale Moon. If you tell me which features are missing I'll check.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post

I'm using Pale Moon. If you tell me which features are missing I'll check.
                            Dave, it was things like reputation, and post count, but now I'm not seeing them on MS Edge either.

Comment

Dave, it was things like reputation, and post count, but now I'm not seeing them on MS Edge either.
                              If you are set to 'latest activity' (reverse order) view, you will not see those things. You only see them in 'post' view (chronological order). Setting is in upper left area in each page, but default setting is in your user settings, under 'account' tab (conversation detail options).
                              Originally posted by Enzo
                              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
                              X