SUNN Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUNN Forum

Hey Tboy, are some of the subforums still being populated? It looks like there is nothing on the Sunn subforum? There was a lot of stuff on there that is helpful info for current members and future members also. Things like info on the closest copy of vintage Sunn grille cloth available today, circuit peculiarities, etc.

Greg

Originally posted by soundmasterg View Post
    Hey Tboy, are some of the subforums still being populated? It looks like there is nothing on the Sunn subforum? There was a lot of stuff on there that is helpful info for current members and future members also. Things like info on the closest copy of vintage Sunn grille cloth available today, circuit peculiarities, etc.

Greg
    You're right....there isn't a Sunn Subforum as there had been. I had posted numerous threads on Sunn amps, plus covered a Sunn 1200S restoration project. But, if you go to Search and type in SUNN, you'll find some 500 posts listed, and if you had posted anything, they'll also be listed under your subscriptions, found when you select your Profile. There, all your posts are listed alphabetically, so it was easy for me to find all the Sunn threads I was involved in.
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Greg
      Hey Tboy, as I noted above it seems that there is a Sunn subforum missing where all the good Sunn stuff was located. It's address was sunnforum.ampage.org but that is coming up as a dead link for me. That link was still active a few weeks ago and had all the details on Sunn particulars that everyone enjoyed. Things like where to find a grill cloth that was similar to the older vintage Sunn amps, cabinet particulars, troubleshooting info, etc. Can you port all of it from that other page into the Sunn link you now have on Ampage in the forums list? I would hope it isn't lost somewhere!

I still can't find the reputation level on my profile. Also, when I search my subscribed posts I only have two, which are from this new version of the software but I can't find anything from before the change. Any idea what's going on?

Greg

Comment

The actual SUNN Forum has it's own domain now at forum.sunnstillshines.online.
        -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

SOme web sites have a LINKS list. Perhaps up on the task bar we might add LINKS with addresses like that?
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by tboy View Post
            The actual SUNN Forum has it's own domain now at forum.sunnstillshines.online.
            Thanks Tboy! Awesome work you do for all of us.

Wish I could find the reputation setting.

Greg

Comment

Wish I could find the reputation setting
              All you can do is turn it on and off in your account settings. Looks like yours is turned on. It seems they were all reset to zero at the update and now accumulate at a high rate.
              So many who post even semi-regularly but get several 'likes' are now 'full bars' on the rep scale.

If you have rep level turned off, you will see 'user has reputation disabled' message when hovering over rep scale (like Chuck H currently shows). Yours does not show that so it must be enabled.
              Last edited by g1; 07-29-2020, 03:26 AM.
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                All you can do is turn it on and off in your account settings. Looks like yours is turned on. It seems they were all reset to zero at the update and now accumulate at a high rate.
                So many who post even semi-regularly but get several 'likes' are now 'full bars' on the rep scale. [insert missing emoticon here].

If you have rep level turned off, you will see 'user has reputation disabled' message when hovering over rep scale (like Chuck H currently shows). Yours does not show that so it must be enabled.
                Thanks for helping to figure that out. I guess I need to post more often haha. I've been on Ampage longer than most but don't post super often. It's all good though.

Greg

Comment

Working...
                X