Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a method to control the time duration that I stay logged in? I don't find anything in my settings and the current login duration seems too short for me. The issue is when I browse other tabs while leaving MEF open in a separate tab. When I go back to the MEF tab, my login has expired.

I think the only option is the 'forever' when you check the 'remember me' box at login. That's what I always do, but you do have to remember to log off when done.
    Other than this, I believe the session time is 15 minutes.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
      I think the only option is the 'forever' when you check the 'remember me' box at login. That's what I always do, but you do have to remember to log off when done.
      Other than this, I believe the session time is 15 minutes.
      Thanks, the remember me check box is inactive on my computer due to security settings I made during initial setup. I have tried to change that since no one else has access to my computer. However, I have been unsuccessful after searching and making changes both to Win 10 and my browser.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Phillips View Post
        the remember me check box is inactive on my computer due to security settings I made during initial setup.
        Which browser are you using?

I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Currently using Firefox 106.0.5 (64-bit)

Comment

Is the 'remember me' box grayed out, or just not working?

Comment

The "Remember Me" box is not grayed out. It appears to work for MEF and other sites but it doesn't result in remembering me after I close the browser and re-open it. In addition, if I leave the browser open with MEF on one of the active tabs, I still get logged off after the 15 minutes.

Comment

That sounds like a privacy setting in firefox.
                I have mine set like this.
                It dumps the cache when I close the browser, but it saves everything else including cookies.
                See Screenshot.
                T
                **I'm on firefox for linux, so it may look a little different.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2022-11-07 14-23-58.png Views:	0 Size:	32.5 KB ID:	972597
                "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                Terry

Comment

Sounds like it is not storing the related cookie.

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                    Sounds like it is not storing the related cookie.
                    I'll look into that. I suspect that you are correct because I'm in the habit of keeping cookies cleared and using private browsing.
                    Thanks g1 and big_teee.

Comment

Working...
                    X