How to manage attachments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to manage attachments?

Is there a global area to manage attachments of files to a thread? I looked in settings and I could only see pics in media but I tried to attach a schematic and I was prompted that I've used up almost all of my file storage and could not add. Can I delete files without having to return to the thread I posted them in (I'm sure to forget where they are in the future)?

I think there may be a time limit on new accounts before full data privileges are available. Seems other new users have had the issue and it gets resolved after awhile.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

OK thanks!

Comment

Mike....

It the upper right corner, you will see Notifications, Messages, and then your UserID.

Under the User ID, go to "My Profile."

When the page redraws, in the center of the page, you will see Activities, Subscribed, About, and Media.

If you go into the Media area, that is where it stores the images you upload.
        It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

Thanks Tom - I see that. I was speaking of pdf files that I uploaded.

Comment

Ahh... sorry... PDF files are a different beast. I know there are times when I could NOT open a pdf. The issue seemed to be that the filename had a space!! So just something to note.

For instances when I have a schematic in a PDF, I open the pdf and use a Snipping tool and make a picture version (JPEG) of the doc. That is what I upload - either the entire schematic or I focus in on certain sections.

I hope that helps.
            It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

I think it's best to wait a bit until your attachment storage limit increases. As we participate in discussions we are building a searchable collection of discussion threads that are, hopefully, useful in the future. If the attachments are deleted then the historical information is compromised. The advise previously given actually encourages posters to use the MEF system to upload attachments rather than link to secondary services such as photobucket. This is because the uploads to secondary services often disappear thus rendering the discussion less useful.

My personal experience has been very good regarding finding answers I need via a google search of the MEF data base in favor of posting the question in a new thread.

Comment

I agree with this sentiment Tom. I wanted to show some stuff, so I linked via my facebook, but unfortunately those links will expire (I don't know why FB does that, even if the file is still in my account). I have no idea when the forum will let me share them on the server... but I cannot delete anything I previously posted. I cannot even go and edit posts after a day.

Comment

The one day post editing setting applies to all users except admins.

FB is a pain. You can't search for anything on FB and useful threads get pushed down into oblivion. Therefore, I rarely feel like composing a reply to a technical question. Not to mention that any troll in the world can jump in. Of course, we know that FB just wants to keep people engaged in the moment and they have no desire to support links on other sites.

Comment

yeah - I'm just using it as a filer server much like photobucket. If I had any space on my Google photos I'd use that, but I'm jammed up with family photos.

Comment

wear a condom?

Comment

Working...
                      X