Coming soon: SPEED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming soon: SPEED

The parts have arrived, and I'm hard at work in the engine room assembling a new blazing-fast server to replace the pokey old box we're using now. It has a Core i7 920 CPU, 6GB RAM, and a terabyte of storage. My hope is that it will be able to serve up pages with no perceivable delay.
    Attached Files
    -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

What is that, a hibachi? A George Forman grille?

Terabyte? Warch out for a tera attack. Those tera-ists can pop up anywhere.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

"Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

It's the latest thing in computer cases - no box. Hopefully it won't get hot enough to cook anything, but if it does there's a handy slide-out grease trap.
        Attached Files
        -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

I don't know what to say. That thing look other worldly to me, but...COOL!

The site is a little pokey. I wasn't sweatin' it too much. I just love this place.

So I guess we can expect an extended "update" session soon?

Thanks for all the work. Cool toy. Looks like you could fly it around.

Chuck
          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
          You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

That's brilliant! This is my favorite forum for guitar amp information, especially for kit building. I am surprised it's not getting a lot more traffic.

Comment

Thanks tboy! way to go man

Comment

I love case!!!
                Gibson V + Seymour Duncan Hot P-90 =

Comment

Coming soon - speed

Wow! The site is really snappy today!

Do I detect the possible presence of that futuristic server?

BTW that thing reminds me of this building:
                  LAX Theme Building 8x12 300 dpi

Cool!

Comment

I noticed the site was nice and fast yesterday!
                    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

The new "warp core" went online in the wee hours of Friday morning.

The next project will be converting the old box into a new router to replace the ancient 90 mhz (w/180 mhz upgrade) pentium performing that duty now.
                      Attached Files
                      -tb

Comment

Nice! I can see a difference in the speed of the board. Excellent work!
                        -Mike

Comment

Cool looking computer! Thanks for all your work on this. Big improvement.
                          "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
                          - Yogi Berra

Comment

new server

Guess I'm behind the times-looks like a habachi to me too! Beam me up!

Comment

That is one nice looking computer!!

Comment

Working...
                              X