Windows Media Player As A Guitar Trainer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gtrshop View Post
    Try using Adobe Audition instead of WMP. Apply a filter (or two) to remove vocals and a bit of EQ and the guitar line pops right out at you...
    I use Audition all of the time for all sorts of tasks- I can see how it could be used as a guitar trainer but the dedicated standalone programs like Amazing Slow Downer and Transcribe are so much easier to use, and they only cost $50. (WMP has always been a WiMP for anything!)

With ASD I can hit the "T" key to toggle between, say, 80% speed to full speed instantly. As well as set up 10 different loops in a song, set to 10 different speeds. And the program does not have that big of a RAM footprint.

There is one feature in the Boss GT-MP3 trainer that I have not found in any of the programs: you can set the center of the channel anywhere from hard left to hard right in something like 13 increments. That would be for when you are canceling out the center of the sound stage.

Just having a plain old MP3 player sure beats the days when all we had were LP's and 45's...

Steve
    The Blue Guitar
    www.blueguitar.org
    Some recordings:
    https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      fake user upstairs.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I used an ancient Scottish curse on him. Awa' an' bile yer heid!
        "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Working...
        X